Shedding Fat - #1 Dine Out Food to Avoid

One my most favorite past times is to dine out.  I have my top 5 restaurants that I frequent often, as well as my top 5 favorite dishes each of them serves.  Dining out however can be hard on the diet, whether you are dieting for weight loss or following a healthy eating plan. Let's face it dining out and shedding fat are not usually hand in hand.  However, you can still eat out and follow your diet plan as long as you keep these things in mind when you place your order.

The number one thing to avoid at all costs when dining out is:

THE SAUCES

Harmful, bad fats along with large amounts of sugar are found in most sauces served at restaurants.

These sauces would include:
  • Dressings on salads
  • Cream sauces for pastas
  • Sugar/butter mixture vegetables are drenched in.  This is a shame because when a health/diet conscious person orders vegetables it is for a reason and that reason is totally blasted into pieces due to the way the vegetables are prepared.
  • Starchy/high fat content sauces used for stir fries
  • Cream/butter/sugar sauces served on top of meats or fish
    Here are some better choices of sauces that don't work so much against your efforts of shedding fat and unwanted weight.
    • Use oil/vinegar for salad dressings
    • Ask for low-fat tomato sauce to have with pasta.
    • For stir fries, request they prepare your meal with chicken broth.  Use low calorie or light soy sauce to get the Asian flavor.
    • Ask for steam veggies with a side of butter.  This way you can control the amount of fat going on to your vegetables.
    • For protein sources, omit the sauces for seasonings
    When it comes to shedding fat, losing weight, or following a healthy eating plan, remember the next time you dine out to avoid the sauces.  You’ll save yourself a tremendous amount of calories and fat without sacrificing volume. 

      10 comments:

      1. Great Tips! (newest follower from MBC)

        ReplyDelete
      2. Hi i have added your link on my blog.. check http://www.healthnfitness-tips.blogspot.com/
        and add my link and reply us..

        ReplyDelete
      3. Thanks for the tip, and thanks for following. Now I'm following u back!

        ReplyDelete
      4. Hi Michel!

        Thanks for stopping by the Over 40 Bloggers I added your blog to the list!!

        Thanks for joining the party!

        Hope you get lots of followers from it! Including me!! Please follow me back if you haven’t done so already!!

        You have such a wealth of info here! I can't wait to go read more!!

        Be sure to come by every Friday for the Follow Friday 40 and Over Blog Hop!

        Have a great day!!
        Java

        ReplyDelete
      5. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Great tips!

        ReplyDelete
      6. Here from Follow Friday 40 and Over....Can't wait to get to know you better and read all your tips and suggestions...WOW...what a wealth of knowledge you are!! Thanks for joining me at Jeremiah 29:11!!

        ReplyDelete
      7. Hello!! You are my 100th follower, and I wanted to profile you on my blog if you are game! Please send me an email, I could not find a "contact me" or an email address anywhere, though I am sure you must have it, I guess I'm not awake enough to spot it! I am so glad to have found your blogs, I'm trying to eat healthier! My oldest daughter is a dancer! Send me an email at thorns dot lily at gmail dot com. I will send a couple of questions, and give you an opportunity to talk about yourself and your blogs, which I will then post on mine this weekend. Thanks for stopping by :)
        ~Lily
        www.neverfadingwood.blogspot.com

        ReplyDelete
      8. Terrific tips on dining out! There are so my temptations and traps in eating out it good to have a game play in mind before going. Thanks for visiting and following my blog - I'm here following you too and I'm so glad I found you - I see a lot around here that I like and need to read. Happy Friday!

        ReplyDelete
      9. This is interesting blog. Nice to hear it.

        ReplyDelete

      Related Posts with Thumbnails