The number one thing to avoid at all costs when dining out is:
Harmful, bad fats along with large amounts of sugar are found in most sauces served at restaurants.
These sauces would include:
- Dressings on salads
- Cream sauces for pastas
- Sugar/butter mixture vegetables are drenched in. This is a shame because when a health/diet conscious person orders vegetables it is for a reason and that reason is totally blasted into pieces due to the way the vegetables are prepared.
- Starchy/high fat content sauces used for stir fries
- Cream/butter/sugar sauces served on top of meats or fish
- Use oil/vinegar for salad dressings
- Ask for low-fat tomato sauce to have with pasta.
- For stir fries, request they prepare your meal with chicken broth. Use low calorie or light soy sauce to get the Asian flavor.
- Ask for steam veggies with a side of butter. This way you can control the amount of fat going on to your vegetables.
- For protein sources, omit the sauces for seasonings